Monday, August 14, 2006

Home Alone

As the title suggest, I am home alone again, "sort of". Not that I am totally alone as my younger son is still around. My wife is not around. Gone for some meeting. So I have the house to myself for the most part of the day. Not that it means much to have the house to myself as I don't cook, can't conjure a decent drink and we also don't have a garden for me to potter around in. I'd rather share it with my wife. She would be cleaning the house, cutting some fruits, making coffee or some wifely thing while I watched TV or just lazed around. That's the life.

It feels good to have people around you. Now I have the TV, the computer, the fridge, the car and the whole house and feeling quite bored. It's not about food or drinks as I can get them quite easily. Breakfast is served just behind our row at the local coffee shop. Lunch and dinner I have to buy anyway. It's about the companionship. Somebody to talk to or argue with or to yell at even. Not that we yell at each other but that there is an opportunity to do so if someone was there with you.

Even the TV shows are not so attractive as there is no one to laugh with or pass comments to about the silly show we were watching! I even went to bed at such an unbelievable hour. My late nights on the net didn't seem so inviting with no one to yell at me to come to bed. That's what married life can do to a man.

Things will be back to normal by tomorrow night. The plane arrives at 8.40pm, I think. Anyway, she is sure to call and keep me informed about such matters as I am the official driver around here.

1 comment:

Siva said...

Something like that la ... what are friends for eh? hehehe... Anyway, we'll have another session this Friday but minus Barry!