Wednesday, January 03, 2007

AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

Today is the 4th of January. There was so much on my mind on the 30th of December 2006 but I was not able to log onto my blogsite to write it. I must start writing my thoughts offline and blog it when I get the chance. So many things have come to pass and we have moved into the new year so suddenly.

No time for resolutions that are meant to be broken. Saddam has been executed and there seems to be a great debate going on in the BBC corner between the supporters of Saddam and his enemies. Personaly I think he got what he deserved. End of story.

Then there was the earthquake near Taiwan which showed us how vulnerable the internet is. Not to forget about the many who suffered in Taiwan. Recently the tragic ferry disaster and the missing plane in Indonesia. That place is a haven for disasters. Especially after the tsunami near Acheh.

Before that there was much hype about the serial killer in UK. He murdered 5 prostitutes. The police have arrested a man suspected of being the killer. Hope they get the killer and put him away for good.

In the local scene we are awaiting the trial of the man who is suspected of murdering the Mongolian girl. A lot of theories going around about that case.

Latest - I found out that taking green tea to lower my cholesterol isn't working for me! The reading(Total Chol./HDL ratio) is 7.5 now! Now waiting for my doctor to find me a drug that will work for me.

Finally, we had one of the worst floods in the southern state of Johor. They still haven't recovered from the flood as can be seen from the pictures in todays paper. Below are some pics of the flooded areas :










3 comments:

Siva said...

The home remedies were tried after discussion with the doctor because the drugs he prescribed were not suitable for me. Now, I am at the cross-roads. Any which way is a problem for me. Need to choose the lesser of two evils situation.

Siva said...

To be happy is a state of mind. I have no problem with that as you would have realised by now. The facts of high cholesterol and its effects if not checked is more troubling to me as I am further down the line than you are. I hope, if given a longer life term, to stay healthy enough to be able to move around and enjoy my lifestyle and also not be a burden to my better half. Basically that's what it is all about. As for now, I will most probably be trying out the new drug. Waiting for the effects of the flu to be over.

Siva said...

Very funny ... I might try Carlsberg though .. heh heh.