Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Turning Point

This morning was a good day at the golf course for me. I managed to beat all 3 of my golfer friends who were playing with me. Even Mr.Consistency gave up after hole 5. Tomorrow I will be playing with 1 less stroke.

In order to encourage me, my friends(the more experienced golfers) gave me strokes. It will start with 1 and will be increased each time I lose until I get to the turning point where I actually beat them with the given number of strokes. After that the strokes will be reduced by 1 if I keep on winning.

Tomorrow we tee-off at 7.30am. Hope I can hang on to my winning streak! Another lady wants to join us and I have to give her 5 strokes! Cor blimey! I hope I remember the way Tiger Woods swung his clubs at the recent WGC-CA Championships. That will come in handy plus all the tips my friends gave me as I was playing with regards to course management.

One of them even gave me some equations to remember. "If your equation has trees in it, remove them and you will be alright." Which simply means if you had teed-off into the woods, tap the ball following the easiest way to the fairway so that you will be in a position to attack the green. Good advice. Must remember to execute that equation.

No comments: