Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Cholestetrol

God works in miraculous ways but He also allows medical professionals to help in the healing work.

It seems I inherited the high cholesterol level problem. All my brothers and sisters also have high levels. Following the advice of my doctor, I embarked on finding a drug that will help to lower the cholesterol level. After trying out three of the statin drugs, I thought there was not much hope. Finally my doctor introduced Vytorin. Even though it is a combination of Simvastatin & ezetimibe, it seems to work for me for the moment. So far no side effects and the results are good.

I have to keep a lookout though for signs of side effects like : muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness with fever or flu symptoms and dark colored urine;decreased urine or rust-coloured urine; blurred vision. These are some of the allergic reactions to Vytorin.

Results:
The LDL dropped to 2.19 (<258). The Triglyceride level dropped to 1.66 (<1.68). The Total cholesterol/HDL ratio is 4.5 (<5.0). Total cholesterol is now at 3.8 (<5.2).
What a relief! Now I just have to work on the HDL which is below 1.0(>1.03). Need to play more golf and tennis!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

goood good... taking care of yourself well :-)